|Balancing Rock At Arches National Park|
As in 2011, these are sure to be extra delightful days on which to visit these national treasures. And that's not only because of the cost savings (which, to be fair, isn't that great: at most $20 per carload of visitors, less at other parks). But during these holiday periods, the Parks put on special workshops, Ranger-led walks and talks and other events to keep the crowds happy.
Drumroll, please. In 2012, entrance fees will be ditched on:
- Martin Luther King, Jr Weekend (Jan 14-16)
- National Park Week (April 21-29)
- Get Outdoors Day (June 29)
- National Public Lands Day (Sept 29)
- Veteran's Day Weekend (Nov 10-12)