Friday, August 26, 2011

Freebie Friday: Free Caribbean Weddings (Kinda)

Would you take a longer honeymoon to get a free wedding ceremony? Sandals Resorts is hoping that "I would" will translate into a lot of "I Do's". Its offering a free wedding ceremony, its "Beautiful Beginnings" package, to those guests who stay six nights or longer in a "Concierge" level room (or higher).

The package, with accoutrements designed in partnership with wedding guru Martha Stewart, includes a two-tiered cake, the venue, the services of a wedding consultant and officiant, paperwork for the wedding, one photo, sparkling wine and hors d'oerves for the couple and up to two guests after the ceremony, an additional special dinner for two later in the honeymoon, a bouquet for the bride and boutonierre for the groom.

Obviously, this isn't the package for couples hoping to have a big blowout wedding with many guests. But if your plan is to elope effortlessly with your honey, well, this one could do the trick.

The offer is being listed as good for a "limited amount of time" which usually means through hurricane season (my guess: through December 15). For more details, head to the Sandal's website


1 comment:

  1. Hi Paula,

    I've been perusing your excellent travel blog and wanted to ask your opinion on finding restaurants while you're out and about on business travel.

    I'm Jade, the Community Manager at a startup called Clever Sense. We make Alfred, an iPhone app that provides restaurant recommendations tailored to the specific user. (So, you tell Alfred 5 of your favorite places at home, and when you travel, he'll have on-the-fly recommendations for you based on your tastes.)

    I've been really enjoying the tips you provide on your blog -- next trip I take will be much more streamlined -- maybe I can even have a free wedding!

    We're always working on improving the app, so I'd love to hear your thoughts about what sorts of things would be useful in this sort of product for travelers.

    Let me know if you're interested. I'm happy to provide more information. Learn more here - http://bit.ly/oxd19L

    Thanks,
    Jade Wang

    ReplyDelete