Friday, January 6, 2012

Freebie Friday: Free Drinks on Cruises

As onboard extras go, I've never found cruise ship prices for alcohol to be too high. But that may be because I'm not a big drinker, and I live in New York City where drinks regularly cost $15 a pop and up. But I won't deny that the extras of cruising--from shore excursions to internet charges (my particular bete noir) to spa fees--can sink a budget. For many passengers, paying for drinks is what siphons the most cash from their wallets.

Photo by Daniel Pink
So, for them, I'm posting this link to a piece that recently ran on MSNBC and CruiseCritic about how one can snag free tipples at sea. Much of the advice in the article involves upgrading to suites and more expensive cruise lines to get booze gratis--which seems like silly advice to me, as you'll be paying far more than the cost of the drinks to do so. But in the comments section, there are some good tips from cruisers in the know about on-board parties where liquor is liberally poured and given away; as well as ways to foil the cruise lines at their own game. Take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment